We invite all people interested in organizing the incoming edition
of the conference in 2019 to submit their proposals by
30 September 2017
to Guglielmo Lunardon
in order for them to be evaluated by the scientific committee.
As to provide a rough estimate of the amount of resources involved, we
observe that about 140
people attended Fq13.
The overall costs of Fq13, including conference rooms, accommodation
and travel expenses for the invited speakers, as well as the
services and facilities offered to all of the participants
(social dinner,coffee breaks, excursion, book of abstracts, bag and
notepads) have been of approximately 35000 euro.
Participants wishing to have their presentation to be made available
on the conference web site are kindly invited to send (at their convenience)
a pdf copy of the relevant file to
The conference will take place at Hotel Serapo in Gaeta, Italy, during the week of June 4-10, 2017. Special arrangements have been made to provide
to the participants.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theory: structure of finite fields, primitive elements, normal bases, polynomials, number-theoretic aspects of finite fields, character sums, function fields, APN functions.
- Computation: algorithms and complexity, polynomial factorization, decomposition and irreducibility testing, sequences and functions.
- Applications: algebraic coding theory, cryptography, algebraic geometry over finite fields, finite incidence geometry, designs, combinatorics, quantum information science.
- Massimo Giulietti -
University of Perugia (IT)
- Daniel Katz -
California State University (USA)
- Kristin Lauter -
Microsoft Research (USA)
- Alev Topuzoğlu -
Sabancı Üniversitesi (TR)
- Qiang Wang -
Carleton University (CAN)
- Julia Wolf -
University of Bristol (UK)
- Chao Ping Xing -
Nanyang Technological University (SG)
Advices and updates
Rooms have been reserved at Hotel Serapo in Gaeta. Special conditions have been negotiated for participants in the conference as well as for all accompanying people.
The following conditions are reserved to participants in the conference and valid until April 30; they apply only if requested via the dedicated
duly completed and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with subject "Fq13".
Prices are intended per person per day;
they include breakfast and dinner (with water and wine) and refer to a minimum stay of 2 nights.
Single room (double room/single use):
- These conditions are subject to participation in the Conference;
- No advance payment is required by the Hotel.
- If double or triple rooms are requested, it is possible to indicate on the form by completing the relevant part with whom the room will be shared. In this case a single form will be taken to be valid for all the occupants of the room
itself. In other words, the participants so listed or their accompanying people shall not need to submit a separate reservation form.
- By Half Board we mean breakfast and dinner; it is not possible to exchange dinner with lunch.
- Hotel Serapo has free WiFi in the main Hall.
Other hotel facilities are described on its web page.
- Excursions can be arranged by a local travel agency with a desk in
Hotel Serapo's main hall.
Registration details are now available on this
Researchers without a permanent position are entitled to a reduced registration fee.
A limited number of grants, sponsored by Elsevier, will be available to support
young researchers (doctoral or post-doctoral students). Those interested in
applying for support must send their curriculum vitae to
by March 10 to be evaluated
by a scientific commission.
Call for Papers
All participants who wish to contribute a talk of 20 minutes are
invited to submit an abstract of their contribution according
to the instructions on
The updated book of abstracts
is available here.
Rocco Trombetti (for the organizing committee)
Dipartimento di Matematica e Applicazioni "Renato Caccioppoli"
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Cintia, Monte S. Angelo
I-80126 Napoli (IT)