The conference will take place at Hotel Serapo in Gaeta, Italy, during the week of June 4-10, 2017. Special arrangements have been made to provide
to the participants.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theory: structure of finite fields, primitive elements, normal bases, polynomials, number-theoretic aspects of finite fields, character sums, function fields, APN functions.
- Computation: algorithms and complexity, polynomial factorization, decomposition and irreducibility testing, sequences and functions.
- Applications: algebraic coding theory, cryptography, algebraic geometry over finite fields, finite incidence geometry, designs, combinatorics, quantum information science.
- Massimo Giulietti -
University of Perugia (IT)
- Daniel Katz -
California State University (USA)
- Kristin Lauter -
Microsoft Research (USA)
- Emina Soljanin -
Bell Laboratories (USA)
- Alev Topuzoğlu -
Sabancı Üniversitesi (TR)
- Qiang Wang -
Carleton University (CAN)
- Julia Wolf -
University of Bristol (UK)
- Chao Ping Xing -
Nanyang Technological University (SG)
Rooms have been reserved at Hotel Serapo in Gaeta. Special conditions have been negotiated for participants in the conference as well as for all accompanying people.
The following conditions are reserved to participants in the conference and valid until April 30; they apply only if requested via the dedicated
duly completed and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with subject "Fq13".
Prices are intended per person per day;
they include breakfast and dinner (with water and wine) and refer to a minimum stay of 2 nights.
Single room (double room/single use):
- These conditions are subject to participation in the Conference;
- No advance payment is required by the Hotel.
- If double or triple rooms are requested, it is possible to indicate on the form by completing the relevant part with whom the room will be shared. In this case a single form will be taken to be valid for all the occupants of the room
itself. In other words, the participants so listed or their accompanying people shall not need to submit a separate reservation form.
- By Half Board we mean breakfast and dinner; it is not possible to exchange dinner with lunch.
- Hotel Serapo has free WiFi in the main Hall.
Other hotel facilities are described on its web page.
- Excursions can be arranged by a local travel agency with a desk in
Hotel Serapo's main hall.
Registration details are now available on this
Researchers without a permanent position are entitled to a reduced registration fee.
A limited number of grants, sponsored by Elsevier, will be available to support
young researchers (doctoral or post-doctoral students). Those interested in
applying for support must send their curriculum vitae to
by March 10 to be evaluated
by a scientific commission.
Call for Papers
All participants who wish to contribute a talk of 20 minutes are
invited to submit an abstract of their contribution according
to the instructions which will be published
Rocco Trombetti (for the organizing committee)
Dipartimento di Matematica e Applicazioni "Renato Caccioppoli"
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Cintia, Monte S. Angelo
I-80126 Napoli (IT)