Gaeta is located on a peninsula about 58 miles north of Naples; for
information about the local attractions and events we refer
to the site of Proloco Gaeta.
- The closest train station to Gaeta is located in Formia and
it is named Forma-Gaeta. It is reached by trains either from
Rome or from Naples. For further information and tickets, we refer
to the web site of trenitalia.
- There is a city bus running from Formia to Gaeta approximately every
half an hour from 4.30am till 10.00pm; see the page of the
Observe that on sundays ("Festivi") the scheduled times are less
frequent than on work-days ("Feriali").
- There are several licensed taxis connecting from Formia train
station to the city of Gaeta; some operators are
Formia Taxi Service,
Taxi Formia NCC.
It takes approximately 30 minutes by car to travel from the station to the hotel.
- A possible alternative is driving from Rome or Naples. Gaeta can be reached from Rome by Autostrada A1/E45 (exit: Frosinone) and from Naples
by Autostrada A1/E45 (exit: Capua) and
Strada Statale 7 via Appia.
- The closest international airports to Gaeta are in Naples and Rome.